GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:09:11 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> << If for one moment you think I will follow you in the personal attacks,
> then
> you are a bigger fool than I thought. Downing pintas at ComeInn? If that is
> what you think will silence me then keep dreaming. Like I have said before,
> I will be all over you lot, believe me. >>

Pa Modou,

Tis very sad you keep missing the point. The point was not so much your
frequenting Come Inn or drinking yourself to death. I couldn't careless if
you down hundreds of pints of lager every day and in effect lead yourself to
an early grave. What you do with yourself privately is a matter for you and
perhaps your family and friends. The point here is you don't get my respect
if you come here and falsely describe me as "narrow-minded" and "myopic
bigot" or lie about the Alliance. Once you engage in moral improprieties of
that nature, all bets for a progressive dialogue are off. You don't attach
unsavoury epithets to people and expect to command their respect or
confidence. I don't care if you've just clocked 100, but if you dare call me
"narrow minded" or a "myopic bigot", then expect me to return the compliments
with venom and nastiness. Respect is not only mutual, but it is earned and
does not necessarily come with age. That is the point. Just as i have a
well-cultured and genteel outlook, i can be equally mean and nasty when
provoked. I hope you log that into your head. As i said before, the gloves
are off; this is war: if you attack us personally, we'll come after you with
venom and nastiness.

Hamjatta Kanteh