GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:30:22 +0000
Sister Jabou,
With due respect, I can't help being bemused by some of the comments being
made as per Joseph Joof.  In the Gambia, Mr Joof is an absolute political
nonentity. He carries no weight in that perspective except that which is
given to him by president Jammeh. The guy is an absolute parasite, simply
fattening on the poor tax payers money.
If you should follow his profile from the days of " SUNU KIBARO" at Saint
Augustines high school, headboy Gambia high school, President Gambia Bar
Association to Secretary of state for justice, you would see a constant
adherance to personal interests than anything else. He has no sense of
loyalty to the Gambia and Gambians. We were not the least impressed by the
high sounding pronouncement he made in the immediate aftermath of April
10th/11th 2000, in his capacity as president of the Gambia Bar Association.
We had already known that several years ago, when students of the sixth form
at Gambia high school decided to stage a peaceful march on the then Ministry
of Education, Youth Sports and Culture to protest the leaking roof at the
school, Mr Joof strongly denounced the move. When he was reminded that as
the headboy of the school it was expected of him to be part of progressive
moves to improve conditions at GHS, he relied strongly on his democratic
rights as an individual to defend his position. His colleagues( under the
leadership of Ernest Aurbey, Fakebba Juwara ,etc) went ahead with their
positive action and the goverment responded positively.
I do not doubt Mr Joseph Joof's intelligence as an individual, but I am not
aware of any creative leadership skills he has that can help generate
progressive impact in terms of legislation in the Gambia. My brother Joseph
is a classical example of a "zombee", and he is very good at it. I would be
greatly surprised  if at anytime even his conscience can stop him to think
about the consequences of the filthy job he is doing for the Jammeh regime.
You watch out , he would do anything for this arrogant regime, and he would
still go around holding his head high, the guy is cut for that!
Omar Joof.