GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:39:13 EDT

"mr haruna masoud" Sountouni.

Yasum! Hais about it?

"truely you have been hard on me." Suntouni.

I'm sorry. I just thought your desire is to win as many converts to  islam as
possible but that you may be inadvertently repulsing many  more.

"even sister jabou can rescue me here." Suntouni.

A'Aaa! This is your bowl o' wax. Sister Jabou ain't doin no rescuing
tonight. She's tired of rescuing you.

"islam as i understand it is a practical faith." Suntouni.

You mean a lifestyle don't you?

"yes, indeed both knowledge and wealth are subjective yet, many try to  gain
both but fail flat." Suntouni.

Does that change the subjective nature of wealth and education? What's  that?
I can't hear you!

"remember when you where in high school in the gambia ,how many people  have
you attended school with and how many attain the position you did?"  Suntouni.

Many people attended school with me in Gambia. I suppose since  education and
wealth are subjective, I cannot know who attained the same as,  or more or
less than me. And do you think that is significant? I mean since  they are
subjective as you have agreed, there wouldn't be any value in  comparing apples and
oranges.

"we may all embark on the same journey but some find it hard to  complete the
journey." Suntouni.

Do you know that you can be walking hand in hand with someone on the  same
Denton Bridge but he/she may be journeying underwater and you in the  clouds????

"it is just like a battle field .soldiers are send on a mission but in  some
cases not all of them return back to base .some get killed and some get
injured. this is life." Suntouni.

That ought to tell you even soldiers in battle are on varying journeys.  What
do you think? And this should tell you then that whatever wealth and or
education they may acquire in their various journeys will be unique as to  them.
The journey is in the mind not in the locomotion.
Suntou, I think you do not understand that we agree on variations in  wealth
and education. Where we seem to part company is that I believe Allah  starts
all his children with unique amounts of wealth and education and  capacity for
further unique wealth and education. The amount of wealth and or  education
you end up with is not pre-ordained. It depends on large measure on  your
efforts and desires. In effect, if you didn't make effort or did not have  the
desire, you will still be uniquely educated and uniquely wealthy. I think  you take
education to be synonymous with literacy in a particular language or
information in a particular discipline to be education. That is not education.  And
if take them to be for argument sakes, wealth and Education will still be
subjective. I was only assisting you in better communicating your quotes of  the
quoran. I neither have the time nor the inclination to engage in a
philosophical debate about wealths and educations. In fact I'm tired right  about now.

"i will advice you to read suratul al-imran chapter 3 of the quran  verse
26." Suntouni.

Oh brother!

[it reads ''say O Allah! possessor of the kingdom,you give the kingdom  to
whom you will,and take the kingdom from whom you will,you endue with honour
whom you will,and you humiliate whom you will.in your hand is the
good.verily,you are able to do all things''] Suntouni.

endow. What do verses 20-25 and 27-30 say? What you just shared here  above
is the omnipotence of Allah. Not the wealth or education of anyone. Do  you
understand now? For consolation, I too think Allah aides in the  creation of
wealth and education. I just want to be sure you understood  me.

"this is just one verse that explicitly explain that it is Allah that  give
provision and honour." Suntouni.

OK. What about wealth and education???

"if my interpretation is wrong ,may Allah foregive me but the translation  is
accurate." Suntouni.

No arguments from me. And whether your translation is correct or not  still
doesn't address what you mean to convey. Read the whole Suratul Imraan  again.
You may come away with a more comprehensive perspective.

"in the streets of serrekunda ,there are countless intelligent youngsters
who cannot continue their education due to lack of funds ,yet some never find
that difficulty." Suntouni.

Suntou, this is not only true in the streets of Serrekunda. It is  true in
Karachi, Nagorno Karabach, Kanilai, Sareh Ngai, and  Bulawayo.

"on the other hand some people struggle hard to attain what they achieve
,those are indeed specail human beings" Suntouni.

No they are not any more special than those who haven't achieved as  much.

"our man from aljamahiriya ,i heard that the colonel once try to change  the
verse of the quran .he said instead of the word kul or read ,the reciter
should just proceed without that word." Suntouni.

There you go again. It is "Khul; huwa, Allaahu Ahad, Allaahu Ssamad, Lam
Yalid, Walam Yulad, Walam Yakun Lahu, Kufu'An, Ahad.

"did you here that when in libya?" Suntouni.

No. But that doesn't mean he didn't say it. The man's got some loose  screws
up there. thawra Sha'Abiyyah walijaan fi kulli makaan. Haroun Masoud.  Bye
Ayatollah. I see our friend is inundating us with news about Gordon  Brown. These
Pan Africanists have some issues. I didn't realise Old Gordon is  this
important. Apparently he is.

Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>  wrote:
Suntou,

I imagine this is one of the reasons a good  number of the world's citizens
do not subscribe to Islam. it resigns you  to perpetual dispossession with
incomplete thoughts. Consider that instead  of saying "We are not equal in
wealth
and education" Islam had shared with  you that "Our wealth and level of
education depends in large measure on  our efforts and desires". Islam all of
sudden becomes a desirable  religion for you. You will recognize that Wealth
and
Education are  subjective. Therefore it is presumptuous to qualify divine
interdiction in  their scope for another.

What I'm afraid of is that you have indeed  distilled Islam's thoughts in too
narrow a way that you risked obviating  the intent. Many an impressionable
mind are confused with erroneous  translation. It may be valuable when you
share
your understanding of such  Islamic quotes, you also share the story that the
quote distills.

I  am a student of Islam and I admire the religion. I also practice some of
the traditions of the prophet Muhammad and his people to the extent they  are
valuable to me and my people. That is why I cringe when I read quotes  from
the
quoran that do not convey fuller meaning.

Haroun Al  Khairawan. You and I have a score to settle in discernments. I
will come  back to that shortly. I have not forgotten, merely distracted by
weightier  matter. MQDT. Darbo.

Web  interface

To  Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact the  List Management, please send an e-mail  to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L