GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:08:05 +0200
Friends, may I as the ignorant person I am ask you:

has the IEC declared  4 or 5 candidates has fulfilled the election decree
and are nominated for the election ?

Where can an ordinary gambian see f.in. the candidate lists 5000 voters
names ? Are all 25.000 names controlled, and how are they controlled ? that
they are 25000 individuals, and with 200 x 5 from every administrative area
? Is it "voters" or "registered voters", who can sign ?
With 5 party- candidates that means that 1000 individual voters from each
administrative area must have signed up. Is that realistic ?
If I was in the Gambia to morrow, where will I go to see, control this ?

Can some one enlighten me a bit here please.

Regards Asbjørn Nordam