GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M.B.Krubally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 04:45:32 -0800
Lamin and Tombong, you both must be referring to the numbers on the last three cells of the chart below (the complete breakdown of the past presidential election results) . If that is the case, the Parliamentary elections will be a new ball game. Lamin, I tried my best to see your point, but looking at the numbers, I more confused. However, following the debates and the past election results, I am beginning to take Tombong very seriously when it come to Gambian politics. To win the parliamentary seats in some of the constituencies that the opposition won (example Basse), they have to come up with good candidates to defeat the likes of Sellu Bah, APRC candidate. I know one thing for a fact, Gambian politics is at a turning point and it seems like President Jammeh is beating the old folks at their own game. Also as much as most of the list members hate him, his strategy to stay in power seem to be working just fine. So, unless the opposition looks WITHIN, I don't see him loosing anytime soon. Send me a private mail for an attachment of the chart below of it didn't show well on your computer.

Momodou Billo Krubally

2001 GAMBIA PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION RESULTS

CONSTITUENCY

NRP

UDP

NCP