GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:29:03 EDT
Bakaye,
There are more important things to talk about that Ebou Jalloow's case. I
certainly know that. I just think you have gone over bound to use some of the
words you did. Sabally and I might be friends, but I have and would never
condone what he did. I condemned the coup since day one, but fortunately for
me then, I was not even aware of anything like the Gambia L. I just joined
this forum and I have written since day one when the Army took over asking
them to step down.
I have a lot of people here who can witness that. Let me tell you that I
still have relatives in this government and my born sister, Sister Jay who
you just saw signed off the List, has a husband in there. It does not stop me
from saying what I needed to say. To hell with Sabally or Jammeh and any body
as a matter of fact who treats the Gambian people that way.
I put my national interest ahead of me. I appreciate the fact that you
decided to use those words to describe me before knowing more about me. My
articles are on record in papers in the Gambia and here. If you want them,
please send me your address and I will send them to you. I have been listed
by the NIA since and my parents have been threatened. It will never stop me.
I have been beaten and electrically shocked before by the CID in the Jawara
era, it will never silence me.
Thanks,
Ousman Bojang.