GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:59:56 +0200
Sister Jabou Joh wrote:

"...One hopes that another effort for a united opposition coalition which so many
Gambians are placing their hopes upon  will not fall by the wayside again
because of what i have now come to see as our inability to be able to engage in
anything that involves the allowance of full participation by all. I surely hope that I am wrong in this assesment, so like Jesse Jackson says, "let's keep hope alive".

Yes, a failure at this stage is too painful to contemplate, yet things do not look promising at all. The tragedy is that when such hyped efforts at such a grand matter fail, it becomes that much more difficult to start all over again; and the sad things is that we have hardly any alternative. What can we ever do to get rid of our collective yoke if we do not get organised? I will hold my horses at the moment. But eventually, some very serious stocktaking will have to be done. Many thanks to Mr. Jassey-Conteh and yourself for seeing so far ahead.

Momodou S Sidibeh