GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mansour Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:27:58 +0100
Asalamu alaikum Gambia-L,

Thanks Mr Sallah for that mature and well-composed letter.
Nelson Mandella once said that the manner in which a
struggle is fought between the oppressed and the oppressors
is largely determined but the oppressor.  This was very
much the case during the struggle against apartheid.  The
recent pronouncement and developments in the Gambia are
indeed worrying to any concerned Gambian.  The Gambian
people will now have to decide whether to allow a group of
uncouth and uneducated group to bury them one by one, sack
them at will, abduct, and loot their national coffer.

In think national leaders on the ground most now reconsider
the manner in which they will participate in the struggle.
Religious leaders and all opinion leaders, civil servants,
etc will all need to take firmer stance to preserve the
integrity of the Gambia as a nation in order to avoid the
fate that befell Liberia and Sierra Leone.  The Prophet
(SAW) said that when we see evil we should change it with
our hands, tongue, heart (hating it).  The latter is the
least any man of faith can have.

May Allah (SWT) preserve the Gambia and remove all evil men
who are sowing the seed of national discord.

MMC