GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:59:15 +0100
Brother kabir ,i too show the ugly side of bbc news network last night. just like in case of the zimbabwe case were they try to blank those in support of land reform program ,the procaster and radio host simon mayor too try to stop me expressing my take on the continous demonisation of our british black youths.

  the program was running from 8pm britsih time to 23:30 .it was by luck that i tune in to his high jacked phone in by neo-cons and ultra-right wing tory party officails who are calling for tougher sentencing in the midst of gun crimes and knive attacks in the streets of england.i made my calling and the lady phone operator took some informations from me ,she was happy with my opinion,we then move on the next level ,which is ,they will call me back.i drop my number.
  in two minutes i was called. simon was online with a police cheif ,i waited ,untill he asked me what i see as the reasons for the gun crimes and uncontrollable youths ? i said ,well most of the experts have answered that question so it will only be a duplication of efforts,what i want to see change is the attitude of the media in the whole of the saga. i said ,the media uses programms that only excerbate the situation ,what have they done to attract the attention of this trouble youths ,instead of endless experts opinion ,what direction has the bbc taken over the last year to device programm to address the issue.this youngsters don't listen to bbc news ,neither any other news chanel for that matter.what can the bbc which is a government sponsored media network do to address the feelings of the youths ? he didn't want to here that ,he hang up on me.all they want to do is continue to make news story out the untimely death of innocent children .the chid's need help ,but the
 experts would rather have them all locked up in long prison cells.what world is this ?

SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Mr editor , due to recent Cr's for popular and strong black personalities to step forward in acting as role models for young blacks youths in England and some other countries ,i find it necessary to add my voice to the call.

who should be a role model and why do the black community need a role model ? the easy answer many may think will be 'a role models can act as a catalyst to both young and mature individuals to properly direct and focus their energy in the right direction ,thus resulting in individuals having a bench mark at every stage in their life span' .

We from the African community can easily identify ourselves with lots of famous and noble personalities from our continent but what about our kinds who only knows the west as their home land ?

I write this small incoherent piece to highlight some of the reasons for the breakdown in social order among many black families in the west .

The western media often times debate and discuses the welfare of the trouble disenfranchise youths without involving those same youths they so much wants to change. what strategies are necessary now to attract the attention of these trouble youths ? Can the African intelligentsia help ? Can our learn-ed brothers and sisters contribute in the ongoing debate in the western countries ? to my humble understanding ,this are all legitimate questions need answering .

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい