GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 04:18:51 -0700
Mr. Jeng;

Well, the culprit of this spiral is lack of sound economic policy at a time
when collecitve reasoning should be a priority adopted by the government.  You
will note that those entrusted to govern have lost touch with the basic
principle of economics and sound fiscal policies.

Continuous incurrences of long-term debt for the so-called development
projects have sunk the dalasi to dangerous threshold.  As the country incurs
debt, a dangerous gap exists in our import/export categories.  This in effect,
has serious consequences on the Dalasi.

To further elaborate, the government has failed.  It has failed, and thus,
must redefine its failed policies.  Our responsibility in collective reasoning
is to continue our debates professionally and objectively.  Take a look at the
ill-conceived notion of increasing ministerial departments to twenty.  This to
me will further slide the Dalasi.

The Gambian Dalasi will continue to slide as long as Jammeh continues with his
style of governing.  We must elaborate that quantitative approaches to failed
development projects cannot be qualitatively analyzed with fiscal
responsibility.

Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency