GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 17:07:48 -0400
Sister Jabou et al,

National Reconciliation means two Opposing sides re-examining where they went wrong, doing extensive introspection and coming up with conclusions as to where they went wrong. In your case, you are abrograting wrong only to one side. By refusing to acknowledge that you have been seriously off tangent on Gambia-L, you make me wonder if you understand what it means for the President to be re-elected with the tremendous amount of odds that some of you stacked up against his chances.

My sister, I will only urge you and others like you on Gambia-L to analyse  the Elections Results where the nearest opponent to my beloved leader lagged at least 20% behind in number of votes casts. If all what you listed down in your email below is true(virtually ALL of it is distorted), then something must be wrong with Gambians to re-elect the President. Since I know that nothing is wrong with Gambians today, I am going to conclude that something is seriously wrong with you and others who refuse to do introspection and are insisting on peddling the distorted analysis.

To those questioning the credibility of the President's 20% lead victory, I urge you and others to visit the Jammeh2001 website and listen to the telephone conversation words of Sheriff Dibba and Ousainou Darboe at:-

http://www.jammeh2001.org/telecongrats/index.html

Keep in mind that Sheriff Dibba is a veteran in Gambian Politics.

If I start to list down all the reasons why the people of the Gambia refused to buy into tribalism and resisted all the tremendous pressure placed on them from external forces and went ahead to re-elect President Jammeh, I will not go to bed tonight. And I really have to take a rest.

So, I will leave those of you with a conscience to ponder with your inner souls about the hospitals, schools, roads, airport, women-empowerment, bridges, girls' education, freedom of speech, freedom of newspapers, etc. etc. etc. that all happened in seven years. I will leave you with the glowing World reports that show increase in the Socio-Economic Indices. I will leave you to compare the Human Rights Agencies reports on The Gambia with others in the subregion. The President is not perfect and he is currently doing introspection on himself and the last seven years. But those who continue to act as if they were right all along and pointing fingers at the people of the Gambia as fools and morons should remember that four fingers are pointing right back at them.

Good Night,
Fatou.