GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:06:40 -0700
NORMALLY, I WOULD NOT HAVE SENT THIS MESSAGE PUBLICLY.
BUT SINCE EVERYBODY READ HADDY'S MESSAGE, I FEEL THAT
IT IS ONLY FAIR FOR THEM TO READ WHAT I REPLY.  AND I
SHALL VOW THAT THIS WILL BE THE ONLY TIME THAT I WILL
SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ISSUE ON THIS FORUM, FOR THERE
ARE BETTER AND MORE IMPORTANT THINGS FOR US TO TALK
ABOUT.

Haddy,You know, even before I read this message, I was
told about it.  And I was not surprised by the
vulgarity of your message because you in general speak
in nothing but vulgar terms.  And that is O.K. if that
is who you are.  You are entitled to speak and carry
yourself in whatever way you want to.  But the problem
arises when you begin to infringe on the privacy of
others.  I do understand that you meant it in jest,
and that it was meant for my ears only.  But this
mistake you just made, not only infringed upon my
privacy, but it also infringed on Abda's as well.  And
you know that Abda does not have that kind of a
relationship with you, or for that matter with anyone.
 And he is not a vulgar person or one who would ever
speak to anyone including me, his girlfriend, with
such vulgarity.  I have come to accept you and your
choice of speech, because I know that that's just you
and I know that you are only jesting.  Because I know
you know nothing about me concerning such issues.  So
I usually just ignore you when you say stuff like that
or even laugh it off. But my dear sister, lets analyze
the the negative impact that your message could have.
First of all, this message has been sent world wide
via the Gambia "L".  Probably by tomorrow, my mum will
be told about it and it is a possibility that it might
circulate most of Gambia before the end of the week.
So that means my uncles, my aunts, my cousins,my
sisters, brothers, friends, grandmother and grand
father, all of whom people that I respect and who
return such respect to me, are likely to hear about
it.  And next time someone wants to remember who I am,
it is likely that they will say, "Oh that's the girl
who was called a .... on the Gambia-L" And even
worst,lets consider Abda's case.  Abda who just by his
nature and the way in which he treats people,
generally attains respect from all.  Abda who is
looked up to with so much respect by his little
brothers and sisters and for that matter, his parents,
and older relatives, friends and by me.  Abda who
never says a bad word if he can help it.  And you,
Haddy Njie, sent such vulgarity concerning him around
the world.  My sister, it is time to re-consider some
of your actions.  Even in private, you might consider
them as jests, but is everyone really amused by them?
All this being said, I THINK THE BEST THING WOULD BE
FOR YOU TO WRITE ANOTHER E-MAIL APOLOGIZING TO US,
ESPECIALLY TO ABDA. AND RE-POST IT ON THE GAMBIA-L FOR
ALL, WHO SAW YOUR ORIGINAL MESSAGE, TO SEE.  THIS WAY,
WE CAN MOVE FORWARD AND FORGET THIS HORRIBLE MISTAKE.
AND I KNOW THAT YOU CAN REFUSE TO DO SO AND IF YOU DO,
I WOULD NOT UTTER A WORD ABOUT IT.  BUT IN THE FUTURE
I WILL KNOW HOW TO BEST INTERACT WITH YOU.  EITHER
WAY, THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I WILL WRITE ANYTHING
CONCERNING THIS ISSUE ON THE "L".  DO ENJOY YOUR
EVENING, MY DEAR!

I Simply Remain
Sigga M. Jagne
A Gambian Citizen

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR
PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS,
WHETHER ONE IS WILLING
TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"

=====