GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 02:14:19 +0000
Bai,
Be rest assured that we are praying for lawyer Ousman Sillah, and hereby
extend our moral support to his family and friends without reservations. It
is disheartening to note that some elements in our midst have found it
necessary to target such a high profile professional in a demeaningly
cowardly manner.
These acts of banditry, brutality and criminality have become characteristic
features of The Gambia presided over by the A(F)PRC regime. Whoever may have
been behind this despicable act of cowardice, the responsibility to track
them down and bring them to justice falls squarely on the shoulders of the
Gambia government. But in view of its poor record in effectively and
impartially providing security and justice for our people, very few of us
would entertain the hope that justice will be done with regard the criminals
who have targetted lawyer Sillah with intent to harm him.
We fervently pray, and hope that the long hands of justice will track down
the perpetrators of yet another heinous act.
Omar Joof.

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca