GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 11:32:21 +0000
Friend,
I thank you for this piece of remembrance and tribute not only to a
specific and very excellent teacher, but to all teachers. This is why
teaching is a privilege. I´m sure that we all also have memories of not so
successfull and pedagogic teachers, but then I  also think of the
conditions they are working under, his/her personal situation and not least
me/us as pupils and students. And seen some schools in The Gambia I do hope
that many gambian teachers are told by pupils/students and parents from
time to time, that they are doing a good job. They need "strokes" to give
out the best they can day out and day in under very tough conditions.
Thanks and regards Asbjørn Nordam