GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:58:35 EDT
Mr. Jow,
Am equally miffed about what is going on in our country. Please don't
discount the resolve and determination of some of us to get rid of Yaya BY
ANY MEANS NECESSARY. People who are advocating waiting for elections and the
politics of appeasement, I just refer you to what is currently going on in
countries like Sierra Leone. When you get rid of tyrants like Yaya who have
very little regard for the lifes and liberties of our citizens, you do so in
a decisive way. If not, they will just retreat to the bush, like the cowards
they are, and cause havoc in the country. It would be a simple and welcomed
solution to our problems if Yaya is defeated in a free and fair election and
he leaves peacefully with his loot; or like Abacha, he dies in his sleep; or
like Nelson Mandela, he retires from office. As you can see, none of these
scenarios are realistic or would solve our current predicament. The massacre
on April 10 & 11 of innocent school children should be the final straw. WE
MUST GET RID OF YAYA BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. I won't even rule out your
'theoretical solution'.