GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
latjor ndow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 21:52:39 GMT
Greetings:
Reading recent postings on this issue (Fatou Jaw Manneh, M.L. Jassey-Conteh,
et al), it is perhaps important to point out that PDOIS's position on
running for elections independently from the parties (at least in the first
rounds) as was articulated by Halifa on this forum and elsewhere is not
UNIQUE to them.
UDP has the same position! In the interview I conducted online with Lawyer
Darboe last month, he literally replicated Halifa Sallah's words regarding
this matter.
If you wish you can listen to the interview at our website:
www.gambian.com/webcast.htm
It is 31 mins long so you may want to fast forward the clip to the 15 min
mark, where he discusses this specific issue.

Latjor
www.gambian.com