GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Manneh PF <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:29:45 PST
Folks, i don't want to get into this constitutional debate but i want to
make one thing clear- most Gambians, may be with the exception of Mr. Halifa
Sallah, did not know nothing about the constitution before the referendum.
The Draft Constitution was redrafted and made public on the eve of the
referendum. Even the Administrative Area Returning Officers ( including
myself) of the electoral commission did not know what the people were voting
about. Halifa probably knows the difference between these two draft
constitutions and i will be pleased if he can tell us which one includes the
wishes of The Gambian people.
Thanks
LAMIN PF MANNEH