GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 03:58:33 EST
Saul,
i'm glad we have started talking about the role of the PDOIS during the
transition. They know've got questions and loads of that to answer. We shall
await Halifa's response. From there we shall take it up with him.
It was with bemusement that i read Halifa cannily weaving webs with a Daily
Observer interview whether the NCP/GPP ban was justified. What was a classic
case answer of yes or no took him a page to answer. Even then he
categorically did not come out and support the cause of these politicians who
were wrongfully banned. With his usual canny sophistry and ironic wit, he
kept on beating about the bush on an issue which for me became the final
straw, that the PDOIS of 1992 was not the same PDOIS of 1996. Tacitly Halifa
does symphatise with the AFPRC. WHY? Only he can answer.
Hamjatta Kanteh