GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:15:48 -0000
Saul,

"Keep roasting this "person" Ma Boy! You speak for me entirely. When this
phony character showed up here, I was willing to give him the benefit of the
doubt (that he's a patriotic civil servant, who only cares to set the record
straight, and eventually see justice prevail back home.) As it turns out,
Prince was right about the fellow from the word "go." Despite his professed
neutrality, EVERYTHING this "person" has written here is geared towards
casting doubt on substantive negative reports about this criminal govt we
have. And as if that's not enough, he's still gloating about the opposition
defeat in the by-elections. He keeps proclaiming that it's more than
vote-buying that cost the UDP E. Kiang. Yet, despite KB's questions, he
hasn't been able to put forward one single reason why anyone would vote for
this govt's puppet in Kiang. Mr. Neutral indeed! Very bizarre, this one is".

I like your choice of words.  It is said that nothing reveals a man's
command of words than his efforts to be brief. Believe you me, time will
come when you will read into my contributions more than you comprehend now.
To say that "EVERYTHING this "person" has written here is geared towards
casting doubt on substantive negative reports about this criminal govt we
have" is absolute rubbish. Give me one instance that I tried to defend any
despicable act of this government. You won't find any. All I have done so
far is to give another perspective. Like I have said many times before, my
loyalty is to THE GAMBIA and its PEOPLE not to any party. I am not a bigot
which means that I reserve the right to judge every act of this or any other
government as I see fit. Despite all the talent displayed on the L, very few
tend to disagree with each other. Let me end by saying that the courage to
imagine otherwise is our greatest resource, adding colour and suspense to
all our life.

Bye 4Now, KB Jobe.

"There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve"

                  (MIKE LEAVITT)