GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:55:46 PST
Hamjatta,

I'll digest your piece tonight, and then get back to you, hopefully, by
tommorrow, or as soon as possible. My brother, I am not someone who is as
impulsive as you are. I always calculate whatever I have to say or write,
especially in relation to Gambian politics.

I have a purpose for doing what I did, but I suppose you wouldn't know my
game plan anyway, because someone like you with a school boy's knowledge
wouldn't see the logic behind what I am/was trying to do.

Call me an "amateur" in Journalism, that's fine with me. I have nothing to
prove to you when it comes to Journalism. My Journalism is admired both
locally and internationally.

In 1996, following a seminar I attended in Ghana, I was considered as one of
the "best news writers", not just in the Gambia, but in the whole of the
West Africa Sub Region.

Anyway, they say that prophets are not normally honoured in their homes. So
your reaction is not surprising at all. My knowledge of the Quran is not as
good as that of Jabou Joh, but I believe that even Prophet Muhammed (SAW)
was, at point, stoned/rejected by his own people. So your remarks are fine
with me.

Anyway, I'll stop here, but expect a proper response from me soon.

And good morning, as you always say.

Ebrima Ceesay