GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:42:07 EDT
Who is this Wor-wor guy? Where is he from? Shameless character. It is
amazing the speed with which he filed his appeal. Took him a few hours. When
they are oppressing innocent Gambians, the AG chambers can be very
efficient. But this man is channeling his energy to the wrong place. How on
earth can you justify holding someone incommunicado without charge for over
500 hours when the Constitution allows you to hold them for a maximum of 72
hours? You do not need to go to law school to figure this one out. Wor-Wor
cries: you can hold them in the interest of the public. What public interest
are we talking about? Silly investigations into some bogus coup plots. Give
us a break. Instead of entertaining this appeal, the court should cite
Wor-wor, the AG and the IGP for contempt of court. When these people knew
that they were losing this case before a High court judge, they went behind
people's back and took the accused persons to a magistrate court to remedy
the situation by leveling some bogus charges against Dumo and co. This is a
clear affront to the High Court judge. Wor-wor knows that magistrates do not
have jurisdiction to try treason. Why did the government take the suspects
to Kanifing? Because they knew if they brought them to Banjul (where
jurisdiction lies) the people will be freed by the court. So to frustrate
Joof, Tambedou and Mrs. Sey, they sneaked to Kanifing. The court should
punish Wor-wor for that. We repeat that there is no public interest in
holding these people in jail one extra day. They do not threaten the public
(including Yaya) in any way. The investigation is over. All the government
has to do is to bring out the tape they say they have. The IGP should
respect the spirit of the court order granted on Tuesday and allow family
and friends of Dumo to visit him so that he will be in a position to brief
his attorneys. We understand that the attorneys and Mrs. Saho are being
frustrated up to this day. Dumo is not in Banjul; he is not in Mile 2. Then
where is he? The IGP is waiting for instructions from the wrong place. He is
waiting for orders from Yaya. The order has already been given, moron. It
has been given by the rightful authority, the Court. Dumo's lawyers should
go on the offensive and apply for bail immediately and while they are at
court, ask the court to cite Wor-wor for contempt and put him in jail for
disrespecting Mrs. Sey and the High Court. That will give this moron
something to think about. This is war my brothers. Make Wor-wor suffer. If
Wor-wor was so confident about his position (99%  chance of success), why
did he cowardly run to Kanifing to remedy the situation? Look into the
mootness of Wor-wor's arguments.
I leave it here for now, but watch this space. A perusal of the Observer
today revealed two very disturbing stories that need our attention. One on
the commission looking into the massacre of our children on April 10 and 11
and the other one is talking about the continued lawlessness of the July
22nd movement. Apparently, some members of this movement stabbed a UDP
supporter who is currently in a state of coma.
KB