GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:12:31 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/00 5:56:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

 From: [log in to unmask]
 Omar Mohammedi, Esq.
 200 Madison Avenue, Suite 1901
 New York, NY 10016
 (212) 725-3846

 A Salaam -O- Alaikum Brothers and Sisters:

     My name is Omar Mohammedi and I am one of the lawyers representing the
 parents of Amadou Diallo.

     On April 18, 2000, We filed the complaint against the City of New York
 and its police officers it employs. The statute of limitation, which will
 expire on May 4, 2000, necessitated that we pursue our civil suit.

     Brothers and sisters, our main focus, however, is to convince the
 department of justice to charge the police officers under the federal civil
 rights violation.

     We should not forget that damages in the civil suit will not bring
 justice to Amadou Diallo. Justice should serve as a precedent.

     I thank Allah for giving me the opportunity to serve the estate of
Amadou
 Diallo. I have a mission. My mission is to set a legal precedent and afford
 legal protection to minorities. Officers acting under the color of sate
 law should serve and protect not abuse and humiliate. Amadou Diallo was
 humiliated and his basic right to life was taken without justification.

 Allah may bless you all.

 Omar T. Mohammedi