GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:04:23 -0700
Thank you SSGT Camara.

Ebrima Camara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
                                          Just general knowledge for whoever wants to know.

                 I have never been in the Marines so my knowledge on a marine joke is very limited. However I would like to let you know that Fort Bragg never had an Airborne school. The Airborne school, many years ago was in Camp MCcall right outside of Fort Bragg where the Special Forces training school is located. The Airborne school at that time in Camp MCcall was a glide not a chute as used today. There is currently an Airborne refresher course in Fort Bragg which is a one day course and a Jump Master course which is a week long course. The United States Army Airborne school is and has been in Fort Benning Georgia "the land that time forgot" (military joke). Balaclava is a black knighted hood that is worn in cold weather. It covers the head and face with the exception of the eyes, to enable visibility and the nose for air intake. The glasses that are worn during airborn op erations are called BCG's (birth control glasses) yes birth control glasses, sound stupid huh; but military
 term.  From what I know nobody jumps with those, if your sight is that bad the doctors will prescribe a black rubber glasses that are tied at the back of the head to ensure that it is not lost during operation. Kinda like the ones that basketball players wear but not exactly. Thanks for your time in reading this piece.

v/r
SSG(P) Camara, Ebrima K.
16th Engineer Battalion S-1 NCOIC
DSN: 314-343-7528

"You must be able to under write the honest mistake of your subordinates if you wish to develop their initiative and experience".

GEN Bruce Clarke

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-l To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい