GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sulayman jobarteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:44:53 GMT
Alasana,

Thanks for this piece. Marijuana use among youths in the Gambia is
increasing, as a last resort for their frustrations. I have many firends who
are into it. Let me hasten to add that i have never smoked ciggarettes or
marijuana myself. Many have the erroneous believe that 'jamba' cures a hosts
of diseases. I have always pointed out to them that it can cloud an
individual's judgement, among many other effects.

I will print this piece and mail it to them, so that they can read for
themselves. Seeing, as they say, is believing.

Saul.