GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:08:45 -0000
Mr. Dampha,

Get-off your high horse and face reality. If you believe that people living
here are ignorant of what goes on here, then you have a problem. Peddling
vulgarity after vulgarity will not win you people or elections. The onus to
educate the people of Kiang, if you consider it necessry, rests squarely on
the UDP. You keep going on and on and on about the tragic events of April 10
& 11. Do you think the people of Kiang that. Tragic as it may, it has
happened already and cannot be undone.

The government having decided that prosecuting those found were incriminated
in the commission of enquiry report of the April 10 and 11 incident will not
help the healing process, what do you expect us to do. Having tried and
indicted the government leadership, why have't you done more than just
ranting and raving? Why not mount a challenge to it or initiate a private
prosecution? From your postings, I can sence desperation, anger and extreme
narrow-mindedness. Your lack of tolerance and inability to see beyond the
superficial and recognise the underlying truth that the ordinary people of
both Kiang and Badibu don't see the UDP as an alternative to the APRC is
your problem. This clearly shows your lack of insight. Mind you, a person
lacking insight may not necessarily be ignorant. As to why people should
vote for a murderous regime, why don't you find out yourself. I am even
surprised that you keep asking me this question. Don't you know that when
people go into those ballot boothes, they are there alone and vote according
to their conscience? If you really believe in democracy and that the will of
the people is what legitimises a government, then you should respect the
verdict of the people. If you, up there in cloud cuckoo-land can see what is
happening here, so are we. It is said that perseverance is not a long race;
it is many short races one after another. My advise to you is to remove your
blinkers and get the bigger picture. People are more pre-occupied with
healing the wounds of April 10 & 11 rather than dwelling in them.

Have a nice day and bye 4Now, KB Jobe.

"There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve"

                  (MIKE LEAVITT)