GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:22:24 EDT
In a message dated 9/27/2001 8:45:17 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> . It is too early for us to
> start accusing any opposition party for the failure of
> setting up a united opposition under a single
> candidate.It would be better if all of us rally behind
> our respective political parties in ensuring that 51%
> of the votes casts is shared among the opposition

Sanusi,

With all due respecr, we will do as stated above, but we are also entotled to
our opinion, each of us. This idea of telling people to refrain from
discussing any issue in this process or express any opinion is
incomprehensible to me. Are we resortingto superstition or do we think the
people's mental state is so fragile that we must not say anything in this
regard? Very strange, but as i said, all of us are entitled to our opinions,
and should be able to express them without people coming out to put you in
check.

Regards,
Jabou Joh