GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sidi Sanneh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 07:06:51 -0500
Ebrima,

Thanks. I will pass on your message to Fatuma.  I most certainly remembered
Hotel Maria Dorr in Guinea: no telephone, no clean water and an ample
supply of bed bugs etc. I felt sorry for those little children who had to
go through it all for two nights while waiting for spares to be flown in
from Abidjan for our onward journey to Banjul. If you will recall, it was a
Saturday and according to the crew, stores were closed for the week-end and
passangers had to wait until Monday for spares for the landing gear and
front tyres to be procured and flown to Conakry. For those of us in these
neck of the woods, this is reality.  I cannot say we are used to it, but we
manage somehow.  Cheers!

Sidi Sanneh