GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:17:03 EST
Astrid,

If anyone comes online with Latin verses, don't you know I will read it? No,
I would not use my delete button because  knowledge is universal, and I like
to treat myself to all the information I can possibly gather.
I want to  take this oppoirtunity to state  that posting information on Islam
is not akin to insulting anyone, but providing knowledge  that I personally
hope is useful to everyone on the list. I bet I know a lot more about
Christianity  and the  Bible than many a Christian knows about the
Qur'an.Personally, I saw postings on Islam not only as something to share
with many a list member ( especially in the Gambia)  who is not able to have
access to the information that we can pass along, but also as a  means
whereby our Christian brothers, sisters  and friends of The Gambia on the
list can perhaps find out what this religion is all about,  instead of just
the negative stereotypical stuff that is out there,  or the religion that
they grew up seeing some of their friends and compatriots practice  from a
distance. It is also a great opportunity for any human being to find out  why
there are all these religions, and yet only one God? I  would want to know
what all of them are  about, and maybe, i will have
 It is not an evangelical mission to convert anyone folks. THERE IS NO
COMPULSION IN ISLAM!!! because of all of God's creation, it is only man who
has the free will to choose  to worship  or not to worship God, and even if
he chooses   the latter,  he still shows  tolerance and patience towards him
or her all their life long. now how much more of a lesson on tolerance do we
need aside from that?
Every so many verses in the  Qur'an, Allah  reminds  the Prophet Muhammed
that   it is not his job  to make muslims, only to deliver  a message.
This cyber technology is a wonderful thing people, and it is something we can
use to
learn so much more than we would have  without it.

Jabou Joh

In a message dated 3/28/00 8:58:20 AM Central Standard Time,