GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 19:00:13 -0700
Essa Sey,

A diplomat is a person that will tell you to go to hell and you look forward
to the journey.
We know what you are trying to do and we know that you have to make a living
somehow. Defending a dictator like your boss Yaya in the face of such
serious allegations with this amateurish crap of yours is not going to take
you too far. Just do your job with dignity and conscience....you owe that
much to yourself.
Your "art" in sending crap to the list in trying to justify an all out
dictatorship that has proven it's label many a times will not exonerate
yourself and anyone in your clique.
In your master crap of "art", you never touched the issue
itself....allegations by Wade that your boss Yaya and Kumba Yalla are
engaged in arms propagation from Libya. Why you deliberately ignore that
part of the issue can be understood. My gut turns when I see people like
yourself and Tombong et al sending such crap to the list thinking that list
members are a bunch of morons who cannot read between the lines. If you
really want to do a good job at what you are trying to do with conscience
and dignity, don't give us that diplomat trash, just come to the point. But
yet again, what should one expect from you...you have to earn a living
somehow.
Stop the trash and come to the point. Is it true that Yaya and Kumba Yalla
have been engaged in arms deals with Libya as alleged by Wade? Is it true
that some Cassamance rebels are a part of Yaya's security unit? Is it true
that Yaya has contracted foreign commandos to be part of his security unit?
Answer these questions if you are really sincere in what you are trying to
do?
If you cannot answer any of these questions or the Wade allegation for that
matter, please save us the crap. On the other hand, if you still want to
attempt to exonerate your boss and his clique by trying to exemplify his
superficial efforts at peace negotiations, then be aware that your dignity
and that of the government you represent is at stake. We know that your boss
is an expert in pretending that he really cares while he is the devil
himself. Like someone had aptly descirbed him, he is the mouse that will
bite and blow a cool breeze on his victims. I bet you know this more than
anyone else.
Essa, what you have embarked on...demonising Wade...is not the wise thing to
do. The consequences of your governments actions in the face of any conflict
with our closest neighbor (close in all aspects..cultural, political,
economic, social....etc.)will be born by us, the ordinary citizens. So
please, save us the trouble and keep your crap to yourself. Take heed.

Abdoulie A. Jallow
Send money to anyone,via e-mail. Free & secure.
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=ajallow%40usd.edu