GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
1Cool Dude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:56:37 GMT
Fellow Comrades,
  Normally I wouldn't do this, but I'd decided to share this
feedback I received from gambiansonline.com's guestbook by a seemingly
disgruntled visitor and may I add Jammeh supporter, who thinks,...well
why don't I let her speak for herself. Here she goes :

--->{Begin OF Msg}

Full Name:  Fatou Njie
Home Page:  None.
Date and Time: 8/3/2000, 4:46 PM
Comments:
          Wall of fame? More like a wall of shame or rogues'
          gallery. Your site is so full of harsh words against
          President Jammeh. Have you forgotten the new hard roads,
          the extra schools, the new airport?
    Measured scrutiny of political leaders is legitimate, but
          such vicious, personalised attacks as are found in your
          site go much too far. They clearly constitute back-biting
          which is condemned by Islam, the religion of 90% of
          Gambians, but perhaps not yours, Mr George. Even so,
          can you not show some "Christian charity"?

-->{End Of Msg}

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. No hard-feelings to this
women but my reason to sending this to the List is to help others see
why the problem we have is not solely Yahya Jammeh himself. It's
people like this who are making the situation much worse. She claims
that the site is full of harsh words yet we recently heard our
supposedly Head Of State AJJ Jammeh using words like 'Jangading' and
'burying his opponents six feet deep'. Those I consider to be very very
harsh words coming from a leader of a nation.

Then she have the nerve to remind us about the new hard roads,the
extra schools, the new airport that Jammeh helped build. Has she also
forgotten that this is the same president who gave orders to massacre
13 innocent students, raped young girls, murdered and abducted his
opponents, embezzled funds that belong to our country in private
accounts, and still continues to oppressed and embarass our people.

Now compare our reality to this lady's comments/criticism and tell me
if this about being harsh on the president. This is not about hatred,
it's beyond rational intolerance. This president is sufferring from
dementia praecox,we all can see that but for this lady, I just can't
diagnose her problem. She need help too. Infact it is such comments
that tell us we still have a lot of work to do to educate the masses
about the atrocities and human rights violations happening in Gambia.
Because for some it still hasn't clicked yet.I even revisited the site
and I said what is she talking about. But we must not give up in
educating some of these ignoramus. It takes time for some but it won't
be long before they see the light.

Wait till one of their family members get abducted from those new
roads she mentioned, then you'll see why some of us are opposed to the
damage this moron has already done to our country. Am glad members of
the L and gambiansonline.com are doing everything in our power  to
expose this barbaric administration for what they are: KILLERS and if
anyone thinks we're being too harsh, wait till the dust settles. Just
because a family member is not affected does not mean one should
succumb to the lawlessness that is all over The Gambia. But it's
pathetic,naive and complacent sh*t-heads who think a new road, school
or airport is a greater accomplishment for a president than the loss
of those that occupy the roads, the schools and the airport.

Another thing, why is it that Jammeh and his supporters always use
Islam to try to cover their mess. If what we are doing , according to
this lady, clearly constitute back-biting which is condemned by Islam,
then my question to her is what does Islam say about the horrors that
Jammeh and his cohorts inflicted on the people of this very small
country we call The Gambia,'The Smiling Coast'. Last I checked not
many people are smiling on the coast. And the person she referred to
As Mr George, that's me but I'm a Muslim. Would it matter if I were a
Christian, I don't think so. If this lady chooses to be the devil's
advocate, I say that's too sad, but I thank her partially for exposing
the types of hypocrites we have today, who in my perception are just as
dangerous, ignorant and incompetent as Yahya Jammeh.

She might be that Fatou Jahumpa in disguise but I don't want to
'bakarr'. Who knows it might have been a 'He'. Either way these
people's mentality really gives me creeps. I hope many of you see the
point am trying to address here and I will reiterate it:
THE PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN JUST YAHYA JAMMEH. WHAT'S FRIGHTENING IS THE
IGNORANCE OF THOSE WHO CHEER FOR HIM. INFACT THEY'RE THE DEVIL'S
ADVOCATES. THEY ARE THE ONES GETTING THEIR HANDS DIRTY WHILE JAMMEH
GIVES ORDERS AND PRETEND TO HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG..

I'll close with this final question to this lady: What if one of the victims
of the students massacred is your very own daughter or son?
Would you still remember the new roads, new schools and new airport
or would it be the nightmare of having lost a loved one? Maybe then
you would understand why we care less about those infrastructures when
many people are going through hell in Gambia. But That is if you know a
thing or two about getting one's priority in order. This government
is CHAOTIC.

                                                         REGARDS,
                                                         Mr Makaveli.