GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 14:12:46 +0100
Seedy Ahmed

Well done! The likes of Ousman Jallow Bojang and many
others should start thinking of how to utilise GAMBIA
-L after October 18.

Come October 19, 2001, Gambia must be free, as Yahya
must go

Have a wonderful day.

Sanusi Owens

--- SEEDY AHMED <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<HR>
<P>Ousman and his dream team,</P>
<P>Keep on dreamng about the UDP,PPP and GPP alliance.
Come 18 October, you see for yourself what this
alliance is capable of doing. You should sit back and
read the writting on the wall. Maron Jammeh and his
criminal company are now planning how to run away. But
where ever they go, we will after them.</P>
<P>PacoAhmed.<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Ousman Jallow Bojang
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: The Gambia and related-issues
mailing list <[log in to unmask]>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: Golo Dubai Eg/Hasanatou
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 11:45:13 EDT
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Hasanatou,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I plead with you to take a deep breath
and relax. Parading insults on the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;List to Sarjo Jallow and my dear sister
Jainaba will not be the distractions
<DIV></DIV>&gt;of what is going on the ground
politically. The failure of the so-called
<DIV></DIV>&gt;alliance is becoming a reality, and
this is not going be taken lightly here.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;We have all seen all those words
directed to some of these government civil
<DIV></DIV>&gt;servants by people who we know served
under the most corrupt regime in our
<DIV></DIV>&gt;history. We have witnessed the
hold-my-hand friendship between some of these
<DIV></DIV>&gt;people coming in disarray as Kebba
Jallow surfaced.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;On the fact that we as Gambians cannot
take politics for what it is, POLITIK,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;we have witnessed the most unuttered
words by some individuals here to even
<DIV></DIV>&gt;insult very honorable Gambians like Mr.
Chrarles Jow. Sorry to bring his name
<DIV></DIV>&gt;again, Yus. We have seen writings
posted as sources just to castigate some of
<DIV></DIV>&gt;these people serving under the APRC.
With all these, Gambians wonder why
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Gambia cannot prosper. Our problem is
not who is ruling. It is ourselves. We
<DIV></DIV>&gt;kind of find more comfort when we
insult and curse one another. We have been
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the most uncompromising people as a
nation and this is what transpires even
<DIV></DIV>&gt;when we live abroad. We are all
involved in our personal gains that trashing
<DIV></DIV>&gt;somebody else becomes nothing to us.
Gambians are the most friendly people to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;others, so why we cannot all agree to
disagree without the chest pounding is
<DIV></DIV>&gt;unexplainable.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;On the List, it is okay to insult any
government official, but it is taboo to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;say anything about any anti-Jammeh. I
have recently read a posting saying
<DIV></DIV>&gt;that Gambians cannot come together at
time of crisis as if we are. They tend
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to forget that some of us have been
under what they call crisis for 30 years.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;if they mean that we all need to back
who ever the leader is at that time and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;give them our support, why should we
exclude those who are serving now? I am
<DIV></DIV>&gt;sure the PPP militants in here have the
answers.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Sister, until we able to accept that no
matter what difference we have in
<DIV></DIV>&gt;opinion, we are all Gambians first,
then our future is deem. The chest
<DIV></DIV>&gt;pounding and seeking for recognition on
the Gambia-L will not lead us as
<DIV></DIV>&gt;nation to any good future.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;This is my take. So I am advising you
to keep calm. You cannot force sense in
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to some people here.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Ousman Jallow Bojang.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To unsubscribe/subscribe or view
archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Web interface at:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html
<DIV></DIV>&gt;You may also send subscription requests
to [log in to unmask]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;if you have problems accessing the web
interface and remember to write your full name and
e-mail address.
download of MSN Explorer at <a