GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:19:57 +0000
FOLKS:

I was away, and I regret that I had missed some important arguments about
the brouhaha that is at center stage in the coalition debate. Frankly, guys,
I am sick up to my belly about what is happening in The Gambia as we speak,
for some of our political leaders have been perambulating like chickens
without heads. People whom we all endeavor that they will rescue our beloved
country from the brink of collapse and civil war have been TRAPPED and
LOCKED UP by MORON JAMMEH in a keyless political LOCK BOX, period. Even in
Israel, where political turmoil and civil unrest become second natures to
people's lives due to the War against the Palestinians, Governments can only
survive by forming coalitions. Coalitions are the SOLE and TANGIBLE
political solutions to do away with a barbaric and moronic political
nightmare, otherwise, we will once again reward the imbecile of all
imbeciles with another unprecedented stolen victory, which will doom the
entire nation for the second time. Moron Jammeh is fully aware that MANSA
HUNGRY political leaders like SHERIFF M. DIBBA and a party of EGOTISM like
will do what ever it takes to derail the formation of a viable coalition to
challenge him. I have been so disappointed by the behavior of Sheriff Dibba,
an old political dinosaur. S M Dibba, a man who has spent his entire life
time in politics cannot still come to terms with the constant and persistent
altering political situation in the country. As for PDOIS, one should not
even border to name them any more, for they have been
CONSISTENTLY/PERSISTENTLY derailing the tireless efforts of the Opposition
from day one, period. For twenty plus years, PDOIS, a Party of so-called
"BIG IDEAS" could not even convince a political county such as SEREKUNDA to
vote for them, much more to win the hearts and minds of the whole country.
PDOIS have been continuously engaged in NOMINAL POLITICAL
INTELLECTUALISM/PROPAGANDA, which hardly bear fruits. With all the resources
they have lavished for the past twenty plus years, the Party created only
turmoil, confusion, division, hypocrisy and political/intellectual mis-step
and nothing positive, period. We don,t want to suck empty bones like Bull
dogs, we want meat to feed our hungry political stomachs; and PDOIS as a
political party is only feeding us with sheer bones. They still continue to
derail the coalition formation by not attending. This is what they did
during the LONDON MEETING. They don,t still get it at all. Frankly, I think
it will be a waste of vote to vote for either PDOIS or NCP if they refused
to join the coalition, period. With all due respect to PDOIS, they will be
better of to deactivate their party, and instead turn the party into a
FOROYAA NEWSPAPER PRINT COMPANY. This is what they are good at, but not at
politicking Even in print publications, FOROYAA will take you through the
galaxies to tropic of cancer and capricorn before communicating to you what
the heck they are talking about. PDOIS' political PHILOSOPHY and STRATEGY is
completely obsolete and need a complete overhaul, for in today's World,
politics must be based on TRIANGULATION, EXPEDIENCY, PRAGMATISM, GRADUAL
CENTRISM, but not based on that ancient and outdated COMMUNISM. Frankly, for
PDOIS as a political party to be able to make a huge impact in Gambian
politics, they MUST reinvent what they stand for.

S M DIBBA, on the other hand, has completely destroyed his chances of
winning. Dibba is a man whose HONESTY and INTEGRITY should be questioned,
for since in the 1970s when he newly formed the NCP, he had been courting
GADDAFFI of Libya for financial and material help; now , how can such a man
who had been courting his own country's enemies be entrusted with the
Presidency of his country? Dibba has no solid Western Connection whatsoever.
This is simply because his political philosophy of "SOSOLASO" and
ISOLATIONISM is not flying well with West, period. We live in a World of
SYMBIOSIS and not "COMMENSALISMS" or PARASITISM. That politics of "SOSOLASO"
will only divide the nation on tribal lines, just like MORON JAMMEH'S
philosophy of JOLA NATIONALISM. And that is the last thing we endeavor to
replace the Moron with.  Further more, when Moron Jammeh came to power by
over throwing the legitimate government of the Gambian people, Dibba, the
sole senior and prominent political leader in the country at time, shunned
away from political activism, even making public comments was a no no to
Dibba, for fear of being arrested, period. Politics is full of risk and very
dangerous risk indeed. If Dibba thinks that he did not want to risk his live
and the lives of his family in the interest of restoring PEACE/TRANQUILITY
back to his beloved nation, how then could this man lead our nation in times
of CRISIS? Could he stand the midnight frustration hours of a leader under
siege? Some one who shunned away from embarrassment and prison time, how
could he pronounce himself as a devoted and charismatic leader who is the
only viable choice for our country? Considering the present changing
security environment in our country in particular and the sub-region in
general, we therefore need leaders who posses the NELSON MANDELA and AL
SHARPTON qualities to lead us out of total anarchy. Right now, only
OJ(Gambia's AL SHARPTON) and leaders of UDP have proven to posses those
NELSON MANDELA and AL SHARPTON qualities. That is to say, leaders who are
always willing and ready to go to Prison for the COURSE they truly believe
in. These leaders will even sacrifice their own lives for the LOVE of their
country and not for PERSONAL/POLITICAL GAINS. What has S M DIBBA done since
The Gambia has lost her innonce? He was in total hibernation for 7 years,
without making even a single comment. Is he ready to lead us? I do not think
so. Let's take a closer look at S M Dibba's recent comments about his REASON
for WALKING OUT of a coalition meeting:

"That the Gambia is more important than the leadership of the NCP; that but
some people thought that the leadership of the NCP was intimidated just as
cowards. He said this is not so; that it is because they do not want to
plunge this country into civil strive; that for them they very much had the
country at heart"(1)

"That the
members of the NCP had joined the UDP and voted for them in the 1996
elections and even in the last bye elections, the people of Central Baddibu
voted in a UDP candidate, where he himself was contesting. That the people
of Central Baddibu would ever be loyal to the NCP. He questioned where is
the UDP has a political base? He said not in Nianis and not any where. That
the NCP has an edge over the UDP; that it would be easier for the NCP to
dislodge the APRC than the UDP through the ballot".(2)

In the above comments, S M Dibba has not only contradicted himself, but
vividly demonstrated his unwillingness to rally behind OUSAINOU DARBOE,
period. How in the World could Dibba even utter that it was his supporters
who voted for Darboe in 1996 elections? Did he owned the Gambian people who
used to vote for him? Such kinds of SELFISH statements should NOT have been
uttered by a man who has tremendous political experience. More over, it was
Darboe who saved him from prolong prison terms during the Kukoi trails.
Similarly, Dibba lamented that he was saving the country from civil unrest
that was why he did not come to challenge the Moron, even if he killed
innocent school children who were exercising their God given rights. Is that
the kind of naive political leader we want as our Savior? A true political
leader must be willing to risk his/her live to rescue his country from the
brink of civil war and turmoil, and restore peace and tranquility. We are
not demanding Dibba to organize civil unrest in the country, but we expect
him to be a least our AL SHARPTON. Just today, REV. AL SHARPTON has been
released from UNITED STATES Federal Prison after serving 90 Days in Jail for
protesting against US NAVY bombing exercise on the PUERTO RICAN ISLAND of
VIEQUES. Whiles in Prison, SHARPTON even went on HUNGER STRIKE to call
attention to the bombing in Vieques, and more importantly, he was
underscoring the significance of stopping the bombing: To save human life
and suffering. This is what leaders like Dibba have to understand in
politics. If Dibba wants "AKARAH", he MUST have to bear the horrible taste
of HOT PEPPER, period.

ANSUMANA.