GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:26:06 +0000
Ebou
    This sounds good and  matured because in the following french saying we
are taught,ie: "la pensée pure n'existe pas pour ceux qui désirent..."
ie:"pure thought doesn't exist in the minds of those who desire..."Our
problem in Gambian politics is nothing other than the fact that a strong
desire for VENGEANCE and malicious methods attempts to supercede national
interest. This may affect all extremists within and without!
So many people have said a lot about you and the millions,so many have
attempted sending 'shadowy' evidences here but none has  shown us a copied
version of an airticket he or she used to fly all the way to
Berne,Lugano,Geneva....FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING FACTS AND NOT HEARSAY STUFF!
People who are interested in sending real evidences and facts should be
ready for it! Financially,spiritually,mentally and add all the 'allies' and
'isms' of dedication that should be in the heads of those who are ready to
climb the mountain of politics and social justice! I don't think seriousness
comes out of people who do contribute 50USD towards a sytem they adore! For
goodness sake,the time we spend for the sake of small Gambia should be based
on useful issues and not large propaganda balloons that are hovering over a
field of rumours and the desire for vengeance or personal vendetta. CALLING
A SPADE A SPADE IS STRANGE IN THE GAMBIA SO HYPOCRISY OVER RULES REALITY!

I wish we had people who are ready to listen so that we could at least
revisit certain protocol agreemnents etc thus show the rest of us the
difference between FALSIFIED EVIDENCES AND REAL ONES!Switzerland enjoys what
is commonly known as THE LAW OF SECRECY...as far as banking in that country
is concerned,so it takes real investigation and not childish 'jangoist'
styles to come up with any evidence against either Jallow or any other
so-called 'alibi'
Switzerland's position towards the UN as an international body is known
world wide but what has been said or done in that regard? Which African
country would dare sit back and not become a member of the UN or take any
posistion that maybe contrary to the texts that are being vomitted from the
printing machine of resolutions at the security council etc? Which one?! But
certain countries though small can balance certain economic or social
approaches without a single missile being sent there!
Where are the political experts as far as those so--called African activists
we see here and in other fora are concerned? WHERE ARE YOU?
Please scrape your sickly and imaginery styles for a while and be real!
Oppose but do not slay! oppose but do not giggle and yearn for soaking us in
acid! oppose but do not lean on wishful thinking!

So Ebou my advice to you is that you should remember that what matters is
the end result and not the stuff coming from barking mouths that submerged
into strong desire of vengeance and mailicious methods!

Its godly to apologise and you apologised! Its political to inform people
and you attempted to inform some of us on line but others couldn't allow you
to say it because they hated you for having apologised to Jammeh! Its as
simple as that!
As a human being and an intelligent one for that matter i believe its your
right to apologise to any person!
The more apologies and reconciliatory messages Jammeh receives the more
goals we will score towards a better and a peaceful GAMBIA!

So Ebou you weren't wrong to apologise! Always stay within the circle of
PRINCIPLES THERFORE, AVOID SWIMMING IN THAT SEA OF VENGEANCE AND MALICIOUS
METHODS!As far as you are convinced that you personally wronged Jammeh and
you apologised now the rest is for ALLAH the creator!

If Iran and Iraq can reconcile then why not us?! If Abdoulaye Wade can read
a lengthy speech that was full of eulogies towards late Prez Senghore then
why not us?!
If Mandela was able to dine with De Klerk after him(Mandela) was imprisoned
for twenty seven years by the former's own team then why not us?
Some will turn around and tell me these comparisons i made aren't suitable
for this situation because for them Jallow stole...However,i want some of us
to equate the appatheid regime's way of stealing that human dignity from
Mandela and others in Reuben island to any amount of money and come back to
tell us if there is a price for one's dignity!
So if all that can be forgiven,forgotten why not anger that was based on
rumours and not facts?!

A wollof proverb says:"horr-horr-mogen kamach"!ie:its better to use a dull
torch than staying in the dark! At least Ebou has apologised and Jammeh is
bent on reconciliatory moves!
Deadlock serves no purpose in any given situation especially in politics!
The same applies when we resort to lawful approaches as well.
Dialogue begins and ends every process so those who are fixed on NOTHING
MALICIOUS IS NOTHING GOOD ARE ONLY FIT TO JOIN  YOGA SESSIONS IN THE SNOWY
PLAINS OF SIBERIA!

YEROPULLOH!

>From: Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: In the National Interest- Mr. Gassama
>Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:56:55 -0500
>From [log in to unmask] Thu, 28 Feb 2002 05:01:47 -0800
>Sender:       The Gambia and related-issues mailing list
>
>Mr. Gassama,
>
>I appreciate your resolution.  It is always wise to suspend one's
>judgement to avoid aporia.  Just a primer, I will state to you that all
>those allegations were generated by my sworned enemies in that
>Government, and not from Jammeh himself.  Take it from me, no funds
>have ever been stolen from the Gambia Government as far as I know.  Any
>further explanations on this issue as of now will certaintly betray
>some serious state secrets.  Hopefully, Jammeh and I will one day
>explain ourselves in public.  President Jammeh has extended an olive
>branch to all in the spirit of national reconciliation.  This act is
>noble of him, and I believe if the Gambians seriously want to be
>enlightened about the whole affair they should urge their elected
>president to take positive and tangible measures to clear all doubts.
>I shall be more than willing to cooperate with the president.

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."