GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:21:44 EDT
Suntou,

I appreciate your caution and I'd like us to think about your notes for a
moment. Seriously:
FYI - I don't know what the links you shared are, I have not read, or  viewed
them, and I do not need to. I'm not sure how valuable they are to  the poor
homeowners and politicians afterall.

1. I am not rich. If I am, I want you to know my riches are open to you
without interest. All you have to do is let me know you wish to partake in it  and
how.

2. Who are the poor homeowners in Detroit?
a) They are poor homebuilders who decided to take advantage of loose credit
terms and government programs to encourage home ownership by minority citizens
 and the other poor who are not homebuilders. The poor home builders decided
to  partner with unscrupulous bankers and politicians to trade in homes, some
of  which do not meet codes and specs but were certified by colluding home
inspectors in the local building code offices. The bankers and lenders include
unscrupulous Islamic merchants and investors. All of these types of humans
present themselves on the golf course as they do at the mosques and churches and
 synagogues to identify similarly-inclined folk. Including the poor who want
to  be rich. For what, I don't know.

b) They are the middlemen/women home investors and real estate  agents who
these bankers, lenders, and politicians use to  complete the link between their
risks and rewards. They are relatives  of the poor who will reside in these
less than adequate homes.

c) They are folk who are sometimes oblivious of the scheme, sometimes
willing participants in the scheme, and sometimes financially  illiterate. Yet other
times they are greedy lottery players who wish to  live beyond their means
and do not make any efforts to save for  their 'dream' homes and do due-diligent
study on the purchase. They  wait for just such government programs because
the unscrupulous politicians who  they voted for and continue to vote for,
present it as value-returns for their  votes. Generally, these poor homeowners
move from apartments where they can  barely pay rent or utilities and have maxed
out on every credit card they own  and or are delinquent on some loans. The
middlemen massage their credits to make  them qualify for the new or refurbished
homes. They had been convinced that they  need a new home instead of send
their children to school and nurture them in  propriety.

Either way you look at it, any of these people can present themselves at a
golf course to do their own bidding. They can seek out folk just like them and
organise themselves into an advocacy unit to further their considerations.
Besides, when these homeowners default on the unconscionable loans drafted by
the bankers and lenders and purveyed by the middlemen and politicians, they
are  in no worse financial shape than they began with, the homes are foreclosed
on and more often transferred into another tier of the financial system where
 the auctioneers and their friends on wall street bail the small-time
lenders and banks out, bundle these defaulted, collateralized loans,  and then the
government liquidates the bad investments with the tax money  deposited by the
poor. So the poor end up with worse credit, loans hanging  around their necks
like neuses, and their children's futures are further  mortgaged to pay for
their idiocies. They continue to vote for the politicians  and play the
lotteries.

So suntou, a golf course, especially during a tournament or event, is just
an endroit, a milieu, a place of gathering, much like a church, mosque, or
synagogue, only larger, to be used by any idiot actor who wishes to play on  any
stage.

A word to the wise:
Do not live to consume. Consume to live.
Dispense your rights and privileges in sobriety and circumspect.
Direct the course and affect of your life. Do not allow other to direct it
for you.
Waste not want not.

Haruna.

In a message dated 4/12/2008 5:41:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,