GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alpha Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:29:45 +0200
"Katim S. Touray" wrote:

> Please let us know if the above division of labor is out of order.

Katim,

The division of labour is in order, but for the suggestion that I write the
petition. Buharry had already accepted to write the letter ( you probably missed
that one) and from past experience we know that he can handle this assignment
extremely well. I would therefore like to suggest that he goes ahead with
drafting the petition. Knowing how he works, he might have already finished the
draft. So, please let Buharry go ahead with the draft.

I am glad to hear that the Website is about to take off. I'll definitely find
time to comment on one or two aspects.

Gambia-L, let us sign and distribute this petition in style. The numbers matter,
not only to console, by an act of solidarity, Anika and other victims' families,
but to send an unequivocal message of large scale dissatisfaction and outrage to
this government, collectively. As others have said before, after talking the
talk we now need to walk the walk, if necessary even run the run, for the way I
see it, we may still have some way to go. But a journey of thousand miles begins
with one step, as the saying goes! It's time to show that Gambia-L has very
sharp teeth to bite!

Alpha Robinson