GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:33:04 EDT
Colly, the lie-buster, you have done it again. They cannot fool you. I hope
your brothers in the army heed your advise and refuse to commit suicide.
Like you said, let Yaya lead the exercise. These people are so dumb that
they cannot even tell an intelligent lie. We also urge the journalists to
continue the good reporting they are doing. We know that it is very
difficult to operate under the present climate where critics are tortured,
deported, killed and buried six feet deep. But you must investigate the
atrocities perpetrated in the country. If you cannot reveal the truth
because of fear of reprisal, at least refrain from reporting the lies the
government is trying to peddle. There are also people like Ebou Colly,
Ebrima Ceesay, etc. outside The Gambia who will protect your identity when
you give them sensitive information and ask them not to reveal your
identity. We must always remember that our children paid the ultimate price
on April 10 and 11 in a quest to get us a better Gambia.
We are also encouraged by news from The Gambia that the lawyers in the
private bar (excluding Joseph Joof) are refusing to participate in the fraud
the government wishes to perpetrate regarding the Ebrima Barry matter and
the April 10 and 11 massacres. We reiterate that the lawyers should go
further and suggest the appointment of a prosecutor from abroad. There are
people outside The Gambia willing to sponsor (financially) such an endeavor
if the government does not want to do it.
Again, Mr. Colly, thank you for your invaluable contributions. We trust that
your watchful eyes will not miss any lie these morons wish to peddle here.
Continue the good work. We will heed your advise because we know what
happens to morons who do not take your advise ….. they blow themselves up.
KB