GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:54:35 EDT
In a message dated 09/06/2001 3:56:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time, KTouray
writes:

<< I did not ask you  to answer my suggestion. Infact suggestions are
generally not construed as being questions warranting an answer. The fund
coordinator asked contributors to indicate to him what is to be done with the
collection and I gave him mine. I have no obligation to have you or
anyoneelse validate what I believe should be done. This is a voluntary
enterprise with every contributor free to say what they think needs to be
done. I have deliberately chosen not to engage you on your self proclaimed
crusade for what you term a fair and total coalition precisely because of
your destructive and polarizing insinuations. Your never-ending harangue
about people you don't know or met once and the undertones of bitterness you
lace your postings with has convinced me beyond reasonable doubt that you
have your own agenda. I also think you have an inflated sense who you are.
The most vivid example of that is how you keep characterizing Ousainou Darboe
after your only meeting you ever had with him. He came to the U.S to meet
Gambians and friends of Gambia and you were among the hundreds he met in
different settings. I was there the day you were there and the man had the
same generic discussions with you as  he had with everybody throughout his
tour. Yet you keep misinterpreting that meeting calling it an endorsement
pitch and implying that he made specific undertakings to you. It is not true.
You don't know the man and the honest thing on your part would be to say you
support another candidate for your own reasons. It is improper to attempt to
impute Darboe for your lifetime of perceived or real political offenses. You
all but accused him of tribalism, nepotism and treachery in your tirades
without a shred of proof. Don't support him as that is your right. And in the
scheme of things, it doesn't matter what you think of Osainou Darboe. Like
every Gambian, he will seek your support, but don't delude yourself that you
can cast aspersions on him in a bid to accommodate your frame of mind. Help
your candidate and descend from your moralizing high horse. You are wrong.
 Karamba