GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:08:48 +0000
                                    DailyObserver left a laughable public announcement on the Internet!

  This evening some of us were arguing about something at Bakau Sanchaba.All of a sudden we were lucky because NAWEC sent us signals after a long black out. But to our surprise we were shocked after opening out internet explorers.We could not read what this paper wrote just hours ago.This is a paper that brags as if it will never go off line.You can feel the bluff in their faces when you meet these funny men and women.

  What happened to our mighty paper? People of substance do not feed on rumours that is why we visit their site before dekunking what is written in there. Today we saw this! These type of announcements are excusable but for the daily observer it worths puches from every Gambian journalist. Temporarily should mean for a short period of time.In this case temporarily can go on for days! Shame on these bluffs.
  Look at what Saja Taal and Mam Sait Ceesay had for us on the net!

  "...                Daily Observer Newspaper       This site is temporarily unavailable.
Please notify the System Administrator
  2

  This is not easy to deny because it has been spread world wide.Saja needs to know what (www.) means. It means...World Wide WEB. DOUBLE U, DOUBLE U, DOT! (WWW.) is a world wide window Saja and Mam Sait Ceesay.
  Saja please what on earth does this notice mean? You are off line and then ask those visiting your site to notify the system administrator? What?!
  Doesn't this prove what Pa Nderry Mbai says...that you smoke weed?
  You should apologise to those who visit the site when you post this crazy notice again.Who on earth has that time? Reminding or notifying the daily observer about their own mess? Anyway Mam Sait has to remember what I wrote here three weeks ago.Most likely President Jammeh is getting ready to use your boys as scape goats.Tell us whatz up brother Ceesay?

  Nawec again!

  In The Gambia when NAWEC sends signals people become desirous to fulfil pending assignments,functions and a lot of other things ie making ice cubes from chambers and the like. Imagine during this hot season? Some places go for days without electricity.
  We still have Yankuba Touray telling us come June? power shortage will be history in The Gambia.I hope this history will not bury all of us in the present well before its future comes? The APRC has been forecasting good days for Nawec from 1994 to now but to no avail.This is crazy.
  It is obvious President Jammeh is confirming the rumours in the streets again.Rumours are rife in the Cape St Mary's area that President Jammeh has reserved generators and other facilities for the visiting AU heads of states.For nothing else but! impress them while our local folks are being grilled by these power shortages every second.
  God and grace! Please Jammeh help us your people be happy at least for the remaining months before the AU meeting strikes.President Jammeh should know that not supplying us with light and enough energy for other purposes is not that good for him either.Gambians may surprise him by organizing 'wild' demonstrations when those visiting heads of state are on the ground.

  A repeat version of  the 1968 Black Panthers fierce demonstrations may happen under Jammeh.

  President Jammeh please ask Shiriff Dibba what happened in 1968 during former President Leopold Senghore's visit? The Gambian Black Panthers disgraced Jawara when his host arrived.Jammeh can ask Jawara too about that? This time I hope his PIU will not shoot the kids when other presidents are in Banjul talking about peace in Africa? Jammeh please avoid the embrassment I am foreseeing here it may take place you know? It may take place well after they leave.Gambians have been pushed to the to the edge.

Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 (Archive on Friday, April 28, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save
          Current Rating:

      Copyright 2006 (c) Freedom Newspaper, LLC.   :  Powered By PointClick  :  Terms Of Use  :  Privacy Statement [input]   [input]   [input]