GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 12:49:20 -0400
Mr. Sidibeh:

I have always agreed with you because of your analytical ability.  If we can have more of you on the L, then may be we can change things in the Gambia.  Most people do not want to contribute to a specific central collection drive because of fear of the unknown.  I believe in decentralization of fund collection.  Let those in the opposition in the Gambia meet Gambians everywhere.  This can only happen when we contribute to separate decentralized location and use of resources in inviting the opposition to our respective cities.

I witnessed the most disturbing thing this summer.  Some of the opposition members were upset with the forcefulness of some of our comrades, especially those representing STGFD.  At one point, one opposition member said: "If you don't like the way we are doing things, then why can't you come back to the Gambia and lead us."  Mr. Sallah said to me, "we are looking for Gambians who are patient and respectful."  I guess you can read the lines.

Again, I respect you and hope we have more Gambians like you.

Sincerely,
Jassey-Conteh