GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edie Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:35:26 +0100
Brother BuBuharry

I really like the way you are engaging Ebou to get to
the fact without abusing or using hash works. I think
this is how people should behave in-order to make
sense reading articles worthwhile. Keep up the good
work Brother and show us how senses should be utilise
within a forum like this.
Thanks Edi

--- MoMomodouuBuharryaGassamam.gagassamaETELIAOM>
wrote:

> Hi Mr. JaJallow
>                     Thanks for taking the time to
> respond to my enquiries. However, I must confess
> that I really failed to understand what you were
> trying to say. The more I read your post, the more
> confused I got as to the relationship between the
> answers and the questions I asked. For example, I
> asked: " are you saying that NANADDs not a
> legitimate political party?". A simple answer such
> as "I am saying that NANADDs a legitimate /
> illegitimate political party" would have sufficed. I
> also asked: "what do base your statement .... Do you
> have any proof to back such a statement?". A simple
> answer such as "the proof I have is ..." or "I don't
> have any proof" would also have sufficed. The same
> applies to the rest of the questions and issues I
> raised. Since the issues need "to digested and
> thoroughly debated before we can further proceed",
> it would be very helpful if you revisit the
> questions and issues I raised and give simple,
> straightforward answers so we can proceed. I thank
> you once again and look forward to your reply. Have
> a good evening.
>

> BuBuharry

IEIEC> as a political party must submit a valid party
> constitution.  NANADDid never fufulfillhat
> requirement but instead submitted a Memorandum of
> Understanding which never made any codification of a
> merger in law but a loose subterfuge of a faction
> which is neither a political party nor an alliance.
>   Since the fateful July decision of the Supreme
> Court, the NANADDeadership has been on the overdrive
> to rarationalizets fatal errors to the party
> faithfuls. Amongst its many excuses it has offered
> so far nothing is more dubious than the assertion
> that their dysfunctional individual parties where
> "forced" to form an alliance because YaYayaas
> "manipulated" the constitution in order to eliminate
> the second rounds of voting.  I find this
> particularly interesting because only the National
> Assembly can effect changes in the constitution, and
> the very same opposition parties boycotted the NA
> assembly elections that gave JaJammehn overwhelming
> majority to rule the Gambia.  As a result the
> legitimate government of the Gambia saw it just to
> constitute a mumultiarty political system that
> encourages the general constituency to form multiple
> districts, constitutionally rerecognizedolitical
> parties and allows each party to compete! for votes
> from the enfranchised constituents.  This system
> empowers the electorates to exercise their right to
> weigh, however distorted, the performance of
> government and the promises of the opposition
> parties.  This system also enhances individual
> choice between something and something and not
> something and nothing.  NANADDas absolutely nothing
> to offer to the Gambian people besides
> self-righteous theatrics and an insatiable personal
> desire to liquidate one man and one man only-
YaYaya> JaJammeh
>   Voting systems are algorithms for individual
> citizens to select one candidate from a "menu" or an
> opportunity set based on individual preference.  As
> such it is a process and it is menu dependent.  In
> the current mumultiarty voting scheme in the Gambia,
> the act of voting for any party X is a function of
> menu-dependent bebehaviorrom an opportunity set of
> diverse parties (X, Y, Z, etc).  The apparent
> rationale is that the presence of diversity enables
> more choices for the Gambian voter in order to
> prevent strategic voting ( i.e. voting for X in
> order to eliminate Y) based on a binary choice
> function since the choice of voting for party X in a
> choice menu of (X,Y,Z) does not imply that an
> individual shall choose party X over part Y in a
> two-way contest since preferring X/(X, Y) over Y/(X,
> Y) is NOT the same as preferring X(X, Y, Z) over
> Y(X, Y, Z).  This illustrates essentially the
> subterfuge that NANADDs engineering in order to
> circumvent  ththe voting scheme established by law,
> and thus undermine the natural order and stability
> of the Gambian political establishment.
>   I would beg to adjourn for now the issue of
UDUDP's> shadow politics of tribalism that is clearly
> manifest in the last electoral results. I have
> covered a lot of ground which I think needs to
> digested and thoroughly debated before we can
> further proceed.
>
>   Once again I appreciate your questions and the
> challenge.
>
>   EbEbouaJallow>

> postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface
> at:

hthttp/maelstrom.ststjohnsdedurchives/gagambia.hthtml>

> hthttp/maelstrom.ststjohnsdeduGCGIawaxexe1=gagambia
> To contact the List Management, please send an
> e-mail to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい