GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SN Sariang Marong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:44:13 +0900
        Hey Musa,
I am back in Japan,it has been awhile since I did not follow issues on the
L, since the student riot happened.Well thanks for that demonstration that
you guys staged at the Gambian Embassy in DC.Gambians all over the world has
expressed anger and distress over what happened on April 10.The government
should refrain from continue brutality and killing of its own people.Well
there is no point of being a supporter of the present government or not.We
will stand clear to show our anger and disstatistification to the
government.The number of students who loose their lives shows incompetency
and lack of professionalism in the side of the Gambian Authorities.A much
better move should have been done in resolving this protest.Also if the
government is there for the Gambian people why can't it release the Gamsu
who have been detained under no justifyable reasons.May Allah the Almighty
bestow mercy and guidances to the families and friends who have lost their
loved ones in this unpatriotic and undemocratic move by the Gambia
government.Let us all pray for better Gambia.
The struggle continue;no retreat no surrender,forward ever backward never.
Sariang.