GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 04:07:30 -0800
Comrades:

What if I challenge Jammeh in the upcoming presidential election?  What will be my
platform?  What will I conceive as a united Gambia? How long will I serve?

I am turned against the evitable and can no longer sit idle and allow yahya an
opportunity to further destroy the Gambia.  Jammeh must go.

We have sounded our loudest disagreements, but we are still in a denial stage.
The prospect of western materialism should not be an element at the expense
of our dear nation.  Our appoach to a free Gambia should idealize a country
where tribalism, corruption, nepotism, indifference, and etc. should not be tolerated.

I hope with your support and guidance I can ultimately sacrifice myself aginst the
the Gambian dictator.  I promise to serve 24 months.  During this period, former
elected representatives in the first republic will be called to serve.  The legislature,
Gambians in diaspora, and the entire Gambian population will be called to draft
a constitution.

This pledge will be a contract and it will be legally binding on my part.  Thus, my fellow
comrades, the victory is in your hands.  I will be available to map out any strategy
against the APRC dictatorship.

I can assure you that this posting is no April fool.  I am dead serious about this.  We
must have a yahyaless Gambia.

Naphiyo,
Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh