GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:08:48 -0700
Sanusi Owens,

You are completely confused about NADD, and I do not blame you.  I have explained all the implications of the Supreme Court decision very thoroughly in my earlier postings.  Interesting enough it seems like NADD had taken note and now decided to revisit their MOU and draw a new party constitution without informing the public.  In other words they (Halifa, Hamat, Kemeseng and Sidia) have now chosen to legitimize NADD as a political party distinct from PDOIS, NRP, NDAM and UDP as shown in the following:

"Their original parties have agreed to forge an alliance with NADD under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding after making a clear line of demarcation between the
executives of the original parties and that of NADD"

This is what they should have done in the first place.   However, their collective shortsightedness and incompetence led them into registering an association which was only supposed to be an alliance instead of a political party.  Thus they end up losing their seats at the NA, and created a party out of foolish pride in order to save face.  After all the media reports earlier (by Observer and Point) were absolutely true that NADD is in disarray, and Mr. Darboe/UDP are not members of NADD as a political party. UDP can still sponsor there own candidate, Ousainou Darboe for the presidential elections next year.

Ebou Jallow