GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:55:03 EST
In a message dated 12/14/2002 11:19:16 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> BTW, the Friday Dec.13 edition of the paper has, in the Letters to the
> Editor section, Jabou Joh's note accompanying her forwarded article to the
> Gambia-L of December 9th entitled 'Beware of the new Quran' which gives the
> impression that Jabou's note was a letter written to the editor of the
> paper.
>
> Sidi Sanneh

Sidi,

Thanks for letting me know about this. It is pathetic that this sort of thing
goes on with people who are supposed to be professionals in their field and
one would think they would know and abide by the rules of journalism, and
would want to have professional  pride in their abilities to collect and
present information properly.

Well, it does not pay to plagiarize information because I am sure that after
pasting my email to the L on the pages of their newspaper, the Observer did
not take time to go back and plagiarize the follow up posting to the L on the
same topic. I hope they will go collect that follow-up too and print it, and
if they have any professional integrity, they will also print an apology to
all of the people whose emails they printed without their knowledge and
consent, and which they did not bother to identify as not their own.

WILL THE OBSERVER PRINT THE RESPONSE FROM THE PEOPLE WHOSE EMAILS THEY
PRINTED BY COLLECTING THEISE RESPONSES FROM THE SAME SOURCE, NAMELY THE L. IT
REMAINS TO BE SEEN.

Jabou Joh