GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bokaloho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 12:14:42 -0000
Dear Gambia - L:ers,

Boka Loho is now distributing an appeal on behalf of the Suwareh Kunda Boka
Loho group and it was suggested that we should also farward it to Gambia-L.
Here it is:

URGENT APPEAL on behalf of SUWAREH KUNDA VILLAGE, NBD

Dear Sir/Madam,

On behalf of the Suwareh Kunda BOKA LOHO group, we hereby appeal to your
kind heart and hope that you will see it worthwhile to contribute to the
completion of a SKILLS TRAINING CENTRE in Suwareh Kunda, North Bank
Division.

The local BOKA LOHO group there, has made tremendous efforts during the
passed dry season, by producing enough mud blocks and erecting the walls for
a two-class room building, intended to be used for skills training purposes,
by both the local community and surrounding villages. They have also tried
to generate funds locally for the roofing, by starting a consumers
cooperative, gardening etc. These efforts have not yet generated much,
though. Now the rains are fast approaching - a serious threat to their
achievements so far.

BOKA LOHO Organisation of The Gambia will contribute equipment to the new
skills training centre when it is ready, but funds or materials for roofing
the building is of vital and URGENT  importance.

Dear  Sir/Madam, it is our strong conviction that you will agree with the
necessity in this appeal, "join hands" with the villagers and make your
contribution - in cash or in kind - to their noble strive for education and
local development.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

On behalf of SUWAREH KUNDA VILLAGE
1999-05-20
BOKA LOHO ORGANISATION OF THE GAMBIA

P.S. L-ers, The total cost is estimated to D15500 ($1550). Boka Loho,
Suwareh Kunda do not have their own bank account but if you feel you want to
contribute, the main organisation will undertake to channel the donations
through our savings account at IBC. For details on the account, please don't
hesitate to contact us on: