GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pope Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:33:01 EDT
Kofi Annan is supposedly scheduled to visit the Gambia on April 28 people.
Here is an excellent opportunity to show the UN what state our poor country
is in and to highlight all the human rights violations that have and are
still taking place in the Gambia. Here is a link about the visit
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/reuters20000407_2652.html

I am also working on the e-mail petition and a website to host the forms and
will supply the list with a link in the next day or two. I still need to
have the e-mail addresses (include regular post mail addresses too if u have
them) of the organisations we want to protest to. I am also suggesting that
we set up an organisation of sorts that will monitor these human rights
violations in the gambia and make sure either through the press and and or
the internet (establish a web presence), promote human and civil rights in
the Gambia and also highlight the atrocities taking place. Such a web
site/organisation will develop new methods of activism with Internet
technology and provide an online voice to anyone whose civil and human
rights have been violated or to highlight any corruption in the government
etc. I can supply further details on the setting up the website etc if we
want to go ahead with this. Thats all for now and just in case my e-mail
address is [log in to unmask]

Pope
YN