GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:57:54 -0500
FACT BOOK-THE GAMBIA 2002 MILTARY EXPENDITURES $1.2 MILLION

These are figures that are out there and have been gathered by foreign
intelligence agents.People know about the fact books,it is no top secret!
OPTV is just quoting a reliable source here and then comparing it to the
fiction that Yahya calls budget speech! Budget speech my socks! Our
mathematicians can convert these figures to the ailing dalasi and send the
message to our poor people.
The same fact book revealed that The Gambian military those(on active
service) is not more than 1900 men and women.Had  the $1.2 Million been
taken out of the actual budget that our people received in 2002 what would
have been left there?
Who was the SOS finance at the time? Where is that seditious so-called
policy analyst now?
When mad Yahya was busy trying to bury the mess that he did towards
Alimenta and!begging the EU,help pay for the results of that very
madness,he was simulatneously very busy misusing $1.2 Million on arms! For
Yahya military expenditures means buying arms not uniforms,and other
military gadgets.The Gambia has no anti riot equipment! Yahya says that
buying anti riot equipment is waste of rescources he believes in using live
rounds.In his head that is faster than tear gas. Ousman Badjie cannot deny
that he had no tear  gas during the april 2000 students
demonstrations!!!!!!!!!! Nothing was in those stores and they were ordered
to stop the kids by force.When Yahya says by force it means live rounds! No
wonder Ebrima Yabo of GAMTEL was used as a scape goat.
If Yahya was someone who cared about defending our frontiers then he would
have been listening to the service chiefs on matters of national security
interest.For Yahya national security is insignificant when his personal
interest is at stake!
In a democratic atmosphere the two can be seperated especially if he were
to be impeached.If Yahya were to be impeached by members of parliament he
would automatically order his JUNGLERS to arrest the perpetrators and shoot
them.
Is that what we should call national security?
For mad Yahya he is a messiah and anything against his interest should be
seen as national security threat!!!!!!!!!! Yahya buys arms packs them at
Kanilai  and then leaves the Kudang soldiers to drink from wells instead of
stand pipes!Then he in turn spends millions of dollars on what he calls
military expenditure arms that he sells to Casamance rebels and other
terrorists?!
Military expenditure when soldiers have no uniforms,no toilets,no loans,no
vehicles no access to resources, in whatever form?!
Our soldiers are ok? Why did the police or so-called border guards discover
a uniform that belongs to a lance corporal in a vehicle that was being used
by drug smugglers only two days ago?
Is that what we should call military expenditure and a happy army?
Yahya's soldiers are the GREEN BOYS AND THE JUNGLERS those who kill and eat
raosted mutton with him are his soldiers.The rest he has frustrated so much
so that they have resorted to drug smuggling and the like.Well if minteh is
fabricating then is the daily oberver against Yahya now? They wrote the
story and sent it all over the world.
Yahya bought a caravan and he was using it with his Last Lady during their
honey moon.
That caravan and other luxurious things is what mad Yahya calls justified
expenditures?
Yahya's flleet of cars were bought from where and by who? OPTV will
certainly reveal those traces sooner than later and send in the actual
figures.
Gambians should know how the dalasi depreciated all of a sudden and must
not be carried away by this wretched movie called OPERATION NO COMPROMISE.
Yahya will certainly not compromise with fellow thieves who want to share
the looted stuff with him the chief gangster.

Binneh S Minteh
NYU.EDU