GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebou Secka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 01:51:30 PDT
Paul,
   thanks for your piece. Infact it seems that we the "Kansas Cityans" do
have a great concern about the coming together of people to build a better
society especiaally a Gambian one. I have mentioned the same thing on this
forum a couple of weeks ago but never had any response from the individuals
concerned. To let you know, most of my high school mates from GHS are in
HOTLANTA now whom I last last saw almost 20 years ago. (By the way, they are
all PAs and MERRs now. I am the only one still looking young.) I made the
trip to the reunion in 1998 to set eyes on them once more and that was just
like bringing yesterday again. I even say my seniors and juniors and through
my whole stay I kept on saying "HAAMEH NAA LA DEH" and then the conversation
starts with niether one ready for a stop.

Paul, I knew that it was going to be very hard to achieve this year
considering the fact that I have to go to two places for the same kind of
occasion on the same day to see these friends. I decided to stay in KC. It
did really hurt me to see such a thing happen in our society to the fact
that we could not sit down and talk about it. I am really disappointed. The
effort they did to separate could be done to unite as one and I strongly
believe that it can be done. Maybe it is something we have to tackle
privately and not on the forum. I will raise it up on our next monthly
meeting and see what we can do. I know both sides have the want to unite as
this is why they invited the people to Atlanta. Joe Sambou, what do you
think?

            ONE PEOPLE, ONE GROUP, ONE CITY, ONE ATLANTA.

EBOU SECKA