GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:56:05 EST
<<Take the case of Jabou. She is always sending these
postings online but doesn't cease to label smear people as conies of some
faceless wonders who are hell bent on destroying the Gambia. And she is
always sending postings that carry messages of truth and forgiveness. Talk of
sanctimonious and convenient posing on the Internet!!!!>>

Dear Jabou,
    I write to publicly retract the above assessment that I have made of you
earlier and by extension wish to register my profound and unconditional
apologies to you for any inconvenience and discomfort you might have to
endure from all of this.
    Obviously you and I have had a very bad start. Could we seize this chance
and start all over again on a clean slate? There are far more important
things to be said and done than to stick to prejudices which the spirit of
decency and moral tact does not embody in any shape or form.
    I hope you will join me in forgetting what has transpired between you and
I in the past and look forward to a future of mutual co-operation and - why
not? - friendship. For I bear I bear no ill will towards you or anyone online
for that matter. If I sound very cross and harsh with you, it is only that it
is premised on your equally vile and baseless insinuation that I was fronting
for some political interest hell bent on destroying the Gambia when I was
asking Halifa questions. True, I have overreacted and regret it as thus. But
sincerely willing and ready to move on to other things that deserve the
attention of you and i.
    Whilst anticipating your favourable response, I look forward to a future
of mutual co-operation with you.

Hamjatta
hkanteh