GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SUNTOU TOURAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:58:05 +0000
Malanding,
 In as much i don't wish to comment on this subject, one is compel to.
So Jabou the good sister, the humble intelligent lady doesn't go out of line and make reference to others she disagree with deem offencive and profane?
This is the clear opportunist and double standard style she exercise to play games here.
Insulting others is bad, insulting each others parent is terrible, but you see this are things that are irrelevant when it comes to tarnishing someone else reputation simply because you dislike his/her enquiry on a person you support. Jabou never fail to absolve herself of any form of prejudice, but she calmly and calculating ascribe it to me and Haruna here almost all the time. What is more profane than that?
This is why i always maintain that we should try to stick to the subject. exclude the debaters out the every topic and deal with the subject matter. Ousainou can be a subject matter, Halifa can be a subject, moreover Yahya. This are leading people who have partaken in presidential elections in our country.
To question them and disagree with them is a legitimate political activity. Their supporters have equal rights to back them, but that should fall within the subject however angry they may be.
Jabou is equally guilty of directing her comments to people instead of the subject. She has no moral rights to defend Muhammad L for anything here. If she wish to be the angel, why didn't she say anything when Muhammad Drammeh got personal on Ousainou? why didn't she told him to desist? That wouldn't serve her purpose.
Dr Jaiteh, deal with the situation in the way the rules are laid down, don't allow anyone to try smooth talking and interfering with the due process.
The two gentle men are intelligent people and dedicated Gambians. For whatever reason, things got out of hand. They are both valuable members, and delisting them will starve us of their interesting and important view points.
Let us not be hasty in abandoning each other, at the end of the day, this is virtual discussion. Our democracy may be 40 years plus, this is young when compared to other many others. I know both Muhammad and Yanks love their parents, they both will do whatever it takes to maintain and uphold the dignity of their family and parents. Let us see this as an unfortunate episode.
No single person here should become a subject of our national dialogue, it would be counterproductive. many readers are not here to know about the private life or daily routine of anyone. It is the Gambia that we all have in common. Some of us live close to each other, but we have different life style choices, we hardly converse, but on here we can discuss on Gambia matters day or night.

Yanks, i can personally vouch for you that, you and your Dad are close. You have just taken your Dad for Hajj last year. You have also visited him in Dakar when he came back. You spend over two week there. I also know the extend your Dad hold you among his children. You are a son he can rely on anytime, this is both emotionally and financially. i came to know you through the Hajj difficulty to Gambians in Makka last year and since then i found you to be a good and decent young man. Someone who has help many Gambians through your solicitor work.
My appeal to you Yanks is that, you have a lot to offer. Defend and support Ousainou whenever need be. Ousainou should be proud of you being a member of his party. But please don't allow yourself to become the subject of any debate on him. Also don't bring others person into any debates. Ousainou wouldn't like that. The Gambians that knows you wouldn't remotely associate you with the acts described here, so bear in mind that, many don't read and accept.

Muhammad L Touray is unknown to me. But i always respect and come to expect his interesting strong defence of his party line. Again. that is all his party could ask of him. He is articulate and can write better than me. I learn from him, although we are sometimes on opposing angles. Brother Muhammad, keep to your calm persona. Always make it known to members here whenever you feel someone has insulted you. Make that statement clear, because, God is my witness, I wasn't following your exchanges with Yanks until when i was call yesterday. Many may be in similar situation. Before responding in kind, it may be more productive if you call the attention of people to an apparent insult like Jabou did.
This will accord you more respect and self-evident justice than, responding in kind.
Any way this is my small view on this.
Dr Jaiteh, my suggestion is write to the two brothers in private and resolve the matter that way.
Happy Ramadan to all in Advance.
suntou